Saturday, August 21, 2010

His promise

Two days since returning from South Africa. Nothing has ever been so hard.
But Jesus has been reminding me of a couple of verses. The first one being Romans 8:28~ And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. The other one being Jeremiah 29:11-12~ For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Even though I want to be back in SA more than anything, I know that Jesus has me where He wants me. His timing is perfect, absolutely spotless. And because He has promised to give me a future, and a hope, I can rest. I can enjoy my time at Marshall, and be His hands and feet there as well. In some senses, it will be harder to be His hands and feet at Marshall than in Modjadjiskloof, South Africa. But He is right beside me, taking my hand every morning and guiding me through the day.
I am excited, though. Excited because I know that He has so much planned for me, more than I am able to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment