Monday, August 2, 2010

A divided heart

Recently, Jesus has been teaching me many things. One of the things He has been teaching and revealing to me is that being a missionary means to have a divided heart. A heart that is torn between two places. Home, and the place God has called you to be. After I came back from South Africa last year, I longed to come back. To be here with the kids and to be back in this beautiful country. I felt as if my heart was here. The wonderful thing about our gracious heavenly Father is that not only does He give us the desires of our heart, but He instructs and teaches us and shapes us along the way. He has taught me that my heart isn't in one place, but rather wherever He puts me. While here, I do miss home, but I have begun to realize that Jesus gives us the ability to minister wherever we are to whomever He has put in our life.
It's kind of a "duh" statement, but it's something He has been telling me. It is a feeling a calm and peace knowing that wherever you are, Jesus will guide you and give you the ability to minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment