Friday, July 16, 2010

Pre-Trip Contemplations

It's three days until we (Sarah Haver, Sarah Ogle and I) leave for South Africa. I can only think about how excited I am and about how long I have waited for this trip. I seem to drown in the anticipation of the trip. But amidst all of this craziness, God has been gently reminding me that this is about Him, not me. He gave me the passion for missions, He provided the money, yet I find myself slipping back to my own wants and wanting to fulfill my own happiness. But that's the beauty and majesty of our gracious Father. He takes my hand, and lovingly pulls me back to the reality that this is His trip and He will do with it as He pleases.

Jesus is going to do incredible things at Pfunanane and on this trip. He is already working miracles at Pfunanane, and will continue to do so. Praise Him for His goodness and faithfulness.

2 comments:

  1. Prayed for you guys tonight and can't wait to see what will happen through you gals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful trip! We will be praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete